San Francisco, CA
CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cybersecurity, software engineering, modeling, and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modeling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cybersecurity company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by ForgePoint Capital (the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cybersecurity early stage investing), HSCM ((re)insurance focused asset manager) and Symantec Ventures.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend statistical methods for use in analysis as appropriate.
- Stress test internal models on an ongoing basis to ensure output meets expectation and customer demand, while helping find bugs or corner cases that need attention.
- Identify, interpret and validate key findings with team members to ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Communicate analysis results effectively with internal customers.
- Continuously validate and adapt model to changing environment.
- Participate in internal research and development activities, as needed.
- Provide analytical/actuarial support to other team members, as needed.
- Search and identify relevant sources of publicly available information/data that will support the development and enhancement of new and existing underwriting and actuarial tools.
- Review each data source carefully to ensure consistency, identify deficiencies and perform basic tests/analysis to confirm accuracy and improve quality of the data.
- Create comprehensive documentation for the different modules involved in the creation of internal tools.
- Organization, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Independence, Ability to Analyze Information, Results Driven, Bias Toward Efficiency
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with VBA, SQL, R, Python, Tableau or other statistical software
- Bachelor’s degree in a related quantitative discipline such as statistics, actuarial or data science, economics, mathematics and/or relevant work experience
- 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience
- Competitive salary, 401 (k), unlimited PTO, and meaningful early-stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and Ugly Juice for your enjoyment
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and discounted gym passes
- Company-paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture