CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cyber security, software engineering, modeling and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modeling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cyber security company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by Symantec Ventures and ForgePoint Capital – the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cybersecurity early stage investing.
What you will be working on
We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will lead contract negotiations, safeguard our reputation and give legal advice to management.
- Lead the in-house legal function globally as the first full-time legal hire for a rapidly growing analytics start-up
- Coordinate with external counsel in the US and UK on a variety of legal matters, including capital structure, financing, corporate governance, HR, real estate, data governance, compliance, and equity compensation
- Draft, negotiate and review a variety of contracts, including customer subscription agreements, professional services arrangements, strategic partner agreements, procurement contracts, confidentiality agreements and other contracts relating to the operations of our SaaS business globally, with primary operations in the UK, Europe, and the US.
- Undertake contract management, including improving processes for streamlined legal review of contracts.
- Advise the business teams on creative solutions to complex problems. Provide primary legal advice to sales and marketing teams to ensure strong compliance culture is maintained
- Obtain and maintain a strong knowledge of our leading SaaS products.
- Assist CyberCube’s executives in the preparation, implementation, and optimization of contract forms, processes, and procedures.
- Recognize that contracts are often the start of long and prosperous customer and partner engagements. You will act with pragmatism and develop strong interpersonal relationships with the senior leaders and representatives of counter-parties while structuring win/win agreements.
- 6+ years of law firm and/or in-house legal work experience with a recognized technology company, with at least 3 years focused on the negotiation of significant technology transactions.
- Degree from a recognized law school and license to practice in the UK.
- Experience with contract negotiation in the US, UK, and Europe.
- Significant and demonstrable experience in a SaaS, cloud computing, enterprise software, data privacy, cybersecurity, and/or employment/worker classification issues, a plus.
- Experience in financial services and/or insurance a plus
- Comfort working in a fast-moving startup environment wearing multiple hats, taking on a broad set of responsibilities as the company’s only in-house counsel
- Skilled at interacting effectively in a high customer satisfaction focused environment.
- Understanding of how to partner and collaborate with sales, marketing, and business development colleagues in a fast-paced and changing environment with complex transactions and liability issues.
- Ability to think strategically yet also ensure the appropriate level of details are captured and managed to ensure resiliency with changing business models, best practices, laws globally.
- Excellent analytical and written skills, with the ability to identify problems and develop solutions. Ability to manage details while maintaining a strategic view. Ability to work effectively with ambiguity and change.
- A sense of humor and perspective is essential.
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple transactions and projects simultaneously under a deadline.
- Mature judgment and high sense of integrity and professionalism who can both conceptualize strategically while providing practical advice that balances risks with the overall business objectives.
- Comfort in working in a geographically diverse team across multiple time zones.
- Highly self-motivated and able to operate both autonomously and in a close team environment.
- Some limited overseas travel anticipated (primarily US)
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary, 401 (k), unlimited PTO, and meaningful early stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and Ugly Juice for your enjoyment
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and discounted gym passes
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
Apply: Please share your profile at firstname.lastname@example.org
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.