Director, Data Science
San Francisco, CA
CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cyber security, software engineering, modeling and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modeling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cyber security company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by Symantec Ventures and ForgePoint Capital – the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cybersecurity early stage investing.
This is a full-time position based in our headquarters in downtown San Francisco, California. As a Director of Data Science for CyberCube, you will join our growing product organization, working in collaboration with our product managers, analysts, data scientists and engineers. You will be responsible for enhancing the data science capabilities of the organization. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, managing key stakeholders uninhibited by ego or hierarchy.
- Hiring and mentoring – Build and grow data science talent at CyberCube
- Ownership – Deliver methodology and prototypes for solving hard, open-ended problems on cybersecurity and risk modeling
- Organization & Execution – Work with engineering and product management to deliver business value cross-functionally in the product organization
- Operating Culture & Behavioral Fit. Maintain the integrity and professionalism expected of all team members and carry this forward as a company ambassador
- Proven experience growing data science teams for leading technology companies
- Strong, numerate background with versatility in probability theory and machine learning
- Generalist and self-starter able to work well independently as well as in various team settings
- Intellectual curiosity, willingness to learn new skills, and ability to contribute ideas
- Excited by analytical problems and new challenges
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field (or equivalent technical experience); Ph.D a plus
- 2+ years of growing and mentoring top talent in data science in technology companies
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Scientist delivering insights to power business stakeholders to make better decisions
- Knowledge of big data platforms and tools like Apache Spark
- Deep knowledge of data pipelines, APIs and data modeling
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Competitive salary, 401 (k), unlimited FTO, and meaningful early stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and Ugly Juice for your enjoyment
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and discounted gym passes
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
Apply: Click here.
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.