San Francisco, CA
CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cyber security, software engineering, modeling and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modeling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cyber security company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by Symantec Ventures and ForgePoint Capital – the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cybersecurity early stage investing.
As an Cyber Economist, you will join our growing analytics & engineering teams to work on the unique cyber security data layer underlying our SaaS products. You will help build analytical models and solutions, and develop research to help CyberCube Analytics products users make better data-driven decisions. This is a cross functional position with significant exposure and responsibility. This is a full-time position based in our headquarters in downtown San Francisco, California.
- Work closely with products, analytics, and engineering team members
- Build and maintain datasets and develop analyses to help with our SaaS products
- Monitor the cyber public policy environment, debate, and major cyber events
- Contribute to thought leadership and research reports
- Take on ad hoc research on various topic related to cyber economics and cyber insurance
- Assist in creating and maintaining SaaS applications
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, public policy, political science, statistics, or related field
- At least 4 years in an Economist in a think tank, leading research institution, or private sector organization
- Portfolio of research projects you’re proud of
- Advanced econometric modeling
- Experience working with flat files, complex data types (JSON, XML, etc.), and APIs
- Experience in relational database and knowledge of SQL
- Programming skills and experience (Python, R, Stata, MATLAB, etc.)
- Ph.D. in economics, public policy, political science, statistics, or related field
- Experience working in one or more of the following industries: cyber / data security, insurance, finance / risk modeling, consulting
- Experience in startup environments
- Experience working on quantitative software products
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary, 401 (k), unlimited PTO, and meaningful early stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and Ugly Juice for your enjoyment
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and discounted gym passes
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
Apply: Click here.
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.