San Francisco, CA
CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cyber security, software engineering, modeling and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modeling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cyber security company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by Symantec Ventures and ForgePoint Capital – the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cybersecurity early stage investing.
As the Engineering Leader of CyberCube, you will lead our team of engineers and QA. You will be responsible for building and maintaining these services and infrastructure. You will also help build analytical models and solutions to help CyberCube Analytics products users make better data-driven decisions. This is a position with significant responsibility and is critical to the success of CyberCube. This is a full-time position based in our headquarters in downtown San Francisco, California.
- Hire and mentor a high performing engineering team
- Work with VP of Product to deliver against the product plan
- Define the engineering process that includes developer tools, code reviews, build and deployment processes and quality measurement
- Enable engineering team members to deliver against sprint goals in an Agile-Scrum environment
- Create and deliver the costing model to support infrastructure and products over the long-term
- Self-starter able to work well independently as well as in various team settings
- Intellectual curiosity, willingness to learn new skills, and ability to contribute ideas
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Eager to work in an agile environment
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Prior experience in a leadership role within engineering in a startup environment
- 3+ years of managing high performing engineering teams in a startup environment
- 4+ years of developing Enterprise software across multiple releases
- Experience in relational databases, AWS services, distributed systems
- Experience with API design and development
- Experience working in one or more of the following industries: cyber / data security, insurance, finance / risk modeling, consulting;
- Past experience in startup environments;
- Experience working on quantitative software products;
- Familiar with Spark, Hadoop, and non-relational data stores (MongoDB, Neo4j, etc.);
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary, 401 (k), unlimited PTO, and meaningful early stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and Ugly Juice for your enjoyment
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and discounted gym passes
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
Apply: Click here.
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.