General Manager, Platform
San Francisco, CA
CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cyber security, software engineering, modelling and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modelling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cyber security company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by Symantec Ventures and ForgePoint Capital – the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cybersecurity early-stage investing.
This leadership role is responsible for go-to-market activities associated with CyberCube’s Platform as a Services (PaaS) sales, including access to the analytics engines and data layers of CyberCube’s infrastructure. Platform sales are a supplement to the pre-existing Software as a Service (SaaS) web application sales already offered by CyberCube to globally leading insurance institutions today.
- Support the development of a multi-year platform strategy, business model and operating model working with the Director of Platform Product Management and the CyberCube leadership team
- Work with the Director of Platform Product Management to design a joint development partnership program for initial core platform insurance institutions
- Structure, negotiate and sign initial joint development partnership agreements and eventual full commercial sale agreements of our platform offerings to top tier insurance institutions
- Oversee the implementation of the initial joint development partnership for PaaS sales, as the primary interface with client institutions, including setting up a cadence of cross-partner and individual sessions to track progress and gather feedback
- Rapidly learn lessons from initial joint development partners and refine our long-term PaaS approach
- Drive P&L ownership of our PaaS business as it increasingly becomes a growth driver of the company with leading insurance institutions
- Build a small specialist go-to-market team to oversee large scale platform integrations to leading institutions, including:
- Implementation services
- Strategic partnerships with core platform services partners (e.g., core systems, consulting firms)
- Work closely with the Product Management and Engineering organizations, who will build out our capabilities to support platform sales, alongside our existing web application business
- Deliver the data and analytics platform that powers cyber risk decision-making for the most sophisticated (re)insurance institutions globally
Skills & Qualifications
- 10-15+ years experience in technology consulting, development or sales
- 5+ years experience in the P&C insurance industry
- Strategic thinking and commercial acumen to deliver an industry-shaping platform technology business
- Executive presence and ability to engage with C-suite leaders of major insurance institutions
- Experience selling complex multi-million dollar consulting or technology projects
- A history of delivering multi-year, highly complex software projects
Nice to have
- Established track record as a Partner at a major consulting firm for insurers (technology or management consulting)
- Direct experience undertaking system integrations with insurance software systems
- Strong understanding of insurance analytics (e.g., underwriting, catastrophe modeling)
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Competitive salary, 401K, unlimited FTO, and meaningful early-stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and Ugly Juice for your enjoyment
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and discounted gym passes
- Company-paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.