Principal Engineer – Front End
CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cyber security, software engineering, modeling and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modeling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cyber security company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by Symantec Ventures and ForgePoint Capital – the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cybersecurity early stage investing.
This position is based in Tallinn, Estonia.
- Work with product owners, Data Scientists, Analytics and engineering stakeholders to translate program requirements into technical solutions and system designs
- Responsible for overall UI design and components for CyberCube offerings
- Takes ownership of features across the entire development lifecycle
- Integrate both business and user value to drive product planning as well as design to achieve products commercialization
- Provide expertise in improving existing product structure, process function, user interface experience
- Work closely with UX designers, Analytics, Data Scientists and developers to produce visual experienced design program.
- Knowledgeable of the industries advanced design trend and possess the ability to formulate design concepts and strategies that are aligned to the company IT product line storage software products.
- Promote efficient E2E operations, improvement in experience design scheme in order to enhance the user experience.
- Provide technical guidance to junior developers and engineers
- Take initiatives for improving software architecture, process and practices to development to help build quality, efficiency and accelerate delivery
- Brainstorm and recommend long-term technology solutions based on the business needs, architecture and strategic drivers
- Demonstrated ability in creating beautiful metric and analytic dashboards, querying and visualizing time series, metrics, graphs (d3 or vizjs, alchemy).
- Experience with Single Page Application architecture and development principles
- Solid understanding of data-driven approach to DOM manipulation.
- Understanding of front-end development technologies and responsive frameworks.
- Good understanding of cloud methodologies, multi-tenant solutions, micro-services and distributed systems principals.
- Experience with building and consuming REST-based web services.
- Prior experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps.
- Strong, decisive self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of AWS and the building blocks within that platform
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- Understanding of RBAC and secure design
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary and meaningful early stage equity
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
Apply: Click here.
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.