Senior Software Engineer: Data Platform
San Francisco, CA
CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cyber security, software engineering, modeling, and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modeling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cyber security company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by Symantec Ventures and ForgePoint Capital – the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cybersecurity early stage investing.
The Senior Software Engineer for data platform, you’ll be responsible for designing and building high performance, scalable solutions for large volume data ingestion, clean-up, transformation, aggregation and correlation to meet the needs of cyber risk analytics. You’ll design, develop, and test robust, scalable microservices, data processing applications, and RESTful web services.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for overseeing and conducting code reviews and assisting the team by facilitating assigned activities including the coordination of resources for approved Projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests. The Senior Software Engineer will maintain expertise of the functional software engineering.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5+ years core Java experience: building business logic layers and back-end systems for high-volume data pipeline backend applications
- Current experience using SQL/no SQL platforms, and Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Current experience developing RESTful web services
- Current experience with messaging frameworks and streaming
- Current experience developing applications for public cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with building and scaling systems that orchestrate and execute complex workflows in big-data pipelines
- Ability to work quickly with an eye towards writing clean code that is efficient and reusable
- Ability to iterate quickly in an agile development process
- Ability to learn new technologies and evaluate multiple technologies to solve a problem
- Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills
- Prior experience on how data should be stored and processed more efficiently, reliably, and quickly at scale
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary, 401 (k), unlimited FTO, and meaningful early stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and Ugly Juice for your enjoyment
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and discounted gym passes
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
Apply: Click here.
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.