Senior Software Engineering Manager
San Francisco, CA
CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cyber security, software engineering, modeling and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modeling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cyber security company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by Symantec Ventures and ForgePoint Capital – the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cybersecurity early stage investing.
We are seeking a seasoned engineering leader to set strategy, define roadmaps, and lead engineering teams in creating world-class CI/CD, Compute Orchestration, and Observability platform products for our product engineering team. Translate business objectives and product strategy into execution strategy (tactical and strategic) and product roadmap. Design and deliver platform solutions that enable fast, efficient deployment of well tested code to production. Keep product engineering leaders informed and onboard with strategies and roadmaps through transparent communications and personal relationships. Drive the rollout of major updates, strategic changes, and roadmap changes with products and technology
- Lead team(s) of software engineers to continuously develop/ship products and enhancements up to internal quality standards, and diligently measure the results.
- Continuously improve and refine their working practices Coach and mentor team members when required
- Oversees and conducts code reviews to ensure adherence to established coding and architectural standards.
- Develop trusted relationships with key technology and functional leaders & stakeholders to drive focus on the strategic and tactical objects for areas including CI/CD, compute orchestration, and monitoring.
- Works with BAs and Integration Testing team to ensure quality code that meets the functional requirements
- Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code
- Maintains expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department’s scope
- Maintains expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department’ s scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Coordinates scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within the department’ s scope.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to inter-departmental processes and procedures within the testing team.
- Provides proper status notifications are relayed to business stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and external communications through the approved protocols.
- Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to Product Management
- Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies and guidelines
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Significant experience leading teams of software engineers
- Significant work as a hands-on software engineer so you understand the core principles of the engineering work that is going on in your team
- Highly technical hands-on and an effective people leader
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in delivering SaaS products
- Knowledge of SQL/No-SQL and database technologies and caching solutions
- Experience of CI/CD in a cloud environment, familiar with deployment and provisioning tools
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary, 401 (k), unlimited PTO, and meaningful early stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and Ugly Juice for your enjoyment
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and discounted gym passes
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
Apply: Please share your profile at firstname.lastname@example.org
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.