Software Engineer – Back-End
CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cyber security, software engineering, modeling and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modeling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cyber security company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by Symantec Ventures and ForgePoint Capital – the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cybersecurity early stage investing.
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
- Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards
- Maintains expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department’s scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Coordinates scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within the department’s scope.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to inter-departmental processes and procedures within the team.
- Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies and guidelines
- Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field or 3+ years of development experience using Java software required
- Experience in two or more of the following areas: RESTful web services, RDBMS skills, Multi-threaded applications, Application Servers (JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, etc.), Cloud application development (AWS or any other cloud provider), Caching technologies (memcached), Open Source search engines (Solr, Elastic Search)
- Good diagnostic, analytical, design and communication skills
- Experience with data model design and implementation
- Strong team player eager to learn from others and continually improve self and team
- Passion for solving challenging problems and user experience
- Previous start-up experience
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary and meaningful early stage equity
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.