Sr. Database Administrator
San Francisco, CA
CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cyber security, software engineering, modeling and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modeling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cyber security company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by Symantec Ventures and ForgePoint Capital – the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cybersecurity early stage investing.
Create and maintain databases to facilitate the accurate and efficient interchange of data between the server and its users. Build and test modifications to database structure to ensure databases operate efficiently and without error. May perform additional duties that are similar and consistent with stated position requirements.
Qualified candidates must possess a Master’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field plus 5 years of related work experience.
Of the required experience, must have 5 years of experience in each of the following:
- Building software applications with all of the following attributes: high-performance, multi-threaded, auto-scaling, cost effective, high availability/zero downtime, and caching
- Designing and delivering large-scale distributed systems capable of handling millions of requests per second
- Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Software development using Java, Spring Framework, and Hibernate
Of the required experience, must have 2 years of experience in each of the following:
- Software architecture implementing cloud microservices architectures
- Cloud application development using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and at least one of the following other technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Oracle, Microsoft Azure
- Virtualization Technology
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary, 401 (k), unlimited PTO, and meaningful early stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and Ugly Juice for your enjoyment
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and discounted gym passes
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
Must pass normal 1) background check 2) reference check
Apply at https://www.cybcube.com/jobs/ or
CyberCube Analytics, Inc.
58 Second Street, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.